- The Tripadvisor Fall Index survey shows 37% of Americans intend to travel this fall, regardless of inflation, an increase of 5% over May numbers.
- The same survey shows 81% of Americans opting for domestic travel; NYC is the #2 destination, trailing only Las Vegas.
- Food and activities are the top two interests.
- Online travel searches are up 40% for fall travel year over year; NYC has seen a 75% increase.
- A pandemic recovery foot traffic study ranks NYC third in North America.
Recent data from Expedia shows the strength of NYC as a destination—#1 for North American travelers, #2 for Europe/Africa/Middle East and Latin American travelers, and #7 for Asia Pacific. The same report shows travel searches holding steady, justifying optimistic expectations for a solid fall on top of a bounce-back summer.
Art meets tech at the inaugural Hall des Lumières exhibition, Gustav Klimt: Gold in Motion. Concierge raved on a recent City Guide night out at the new space, set in Lower Manhattan’s former Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank. The public opening is slated for September 14th. © akg-images / Erich Lessing; Photo: Bridgeman Images.
LINKS OF INTEREST
- State-of-the-art Midnight Theatre in Manhattan West to open September 21st
- Rock Center renaissance continues as McNally Jackson opens new flagship book shop
- New hotel Penny now open in Williamsburg
- New York Marriott Marquis in Times Square unveils extensive revamp
- Dumbo asks, can a neighborhood be Instagrammed to death?
- Yelp review extortion scheme hits NYC
- Live performance is back but audiences are returning slowly
- Changing patterns in leisure travel: more online research, reviews are more important, and price is a factor
- Morning Consult new State of Travel & Hospitality report shows softening autumn, but major jump in Chinese travel intentions
- Business travel expected to recover to pre-pandemic levels next year